Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Generation Not Abandoned

Jer 7:27-29
27 "When you tell them all this, they will not listen to you; when you call to them, they will not answer. 28 Therefore say to them, 'This is the nation that has not obeyed the LORD its God or responded to correction. Truth has perished; it has vanished from their lips. 29 Cut off your hair and throw it away; take up a lament on the barren heights, for the LORD has rejected and abandoned this generation that is under his wrath.


Here, God warns the people of what will happen if they continue to disobey from God and not listen to Him.

I can't imagine how it would be if God abandons His people, a whole generation. I need to pray against a whole people losing sight of God, but instead to grow closer and seek Him.

Father God, my prayer is a prayer of intercession on behalf of my generation, a whole people, that want to know You more. I pray that we may not be a generation that will not answer You, but one that will desire to seek You, and find You, and obey You in all that we do. I pray against the enemy's influence, that as a generation, we may come to know You as Lord and Savior, redeemer, and friend. I thank You for all that you have done and are going to do. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: