Thursday, August 27, 2009

Putting My Faith In The Wisdom Of The Great God

Jer 8:9-11
9 The wise will be put to shame;
they will be dismayed and trapped.
Since they have rejected the word of the LORD,
what kind of wisdom do they have?

10 Therefore I will give their wives to other men
and their fields to new owners.
From the least to the greatest,
all are greedy for gain;
prophets and priests alike,
all practice deceit.

11 They dress the wound of my people
as though it were not serious.
"Peace, peace," they say,
when there is no peace.


What kind of wisdom does the wisest man have compared to the wisdom found by the Lord God Almighty? It is difficult to fathom the greatness that God is. He created the heavens and the earth, the people living and the dead, the plants and the animals, all alike. What kind of wisdom does man have against that?

This passage reminds me of God's wisdom. There are many times that we challenge God's wisdom, or we are doubtful of what His plans are for us. This word encourages me to strengthen my faith in Him.

Father God, I pray for more faith. I know that Your wisdom is like none ever. You are so great. Help me to put my faith in You as I continue to live a life that is according to Your will. I want to be in Your will. I want to walk in Your will. Holy Spirit help me. I pray this in a humble heart, that I may glorify You.
Amen.

No comments: