Monday, August 03, 2009

Loving Others Instead Of Thinking Of Self

1 Peter 4:8-10
8Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 9Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.


When I pray over this passage, God is speaking about greediness and selfishness and to throw that away and to love others and to give to others, and to serve others, and not to be selfish.

I need to do all these that God has given, to love others in a way that thinks selfishly for myself.

Father God, I pray that your words in this passage speak to my spirit to love others in a way that I am not selfish in my thinking. I pray in the spirit that you may take over in this area that I may be able to give of myself to others, and to give to You in a way that glorifies Your name. I want to serve, and though it comes easy at times, I pray that I may be in line with Your will. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: