Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Leading Through Example

1 Peter 5:2-3
2Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; 3not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock.


Peter is speaking to the elders of the church, to those who are the leaders, and those who are leading the people closer to Christ. He goes to say that Christ wants us to serve, in the way that He has called, not in the way that we want.

Sometimes, I want to serve God in a certain way. This way might be to lead others and disciple others. But, this passage is allowing God to speak to me. He is letting me know, that in a time like this situation that He has put me in, that I am to not lead others by having people under me, but to be an example and lead through my life.

Father, Lord of my life, the Creator of the Universe, the Alpha and the Omega, the Loving one, I thank you for this passage, I thank you for Your words that direct me. I pray for your Holy Spirit to continue to guide me in my life. Teach me your ways. Allow me to follow Your path. Allow me to lead others through being an example. I pray that I may do this in excellence. I pray that it may give you glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: