Thursday, July 02, 2009

Setting A Good Example

Titus 2: 6-8
6Similarly, encourage the young men to be self-controlled. 7In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness 8and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.


There are many things that Paul tells Titus to do in this passage, but what mostly spoke to me was to set an example, to "set them an example by doing what is good."

While listening to One Love podcast today, Pastor Waxer also spoke of being an example, by having someone to mentor, to disciple. In the same way, God wants us to be examples to others. To show others what is good, as an example. In my disciplining and discipleship, I must be an example of what God's word is, through my actions, through my intent, through my spirit.

Father, I pray for discipline in my life. I want to live my life for You. Help me to do that. I pray that my life be an example of what is good, what is true, what is according to Your Spirit. I pray that you make me a witness so that others may see You through me. I pray that Your wisdom be here. Let those that need a good example find one, one that is Godly, one that is true, one that can see Your good works in them. I pray for others, that they may come to know You. I ask this in prayer, that You may be glorified in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: