Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Legalism vs. Having God's Love

Titus 1:10-11
10For there are many rebellious people, mere talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision group. 11They must be silenced, because they are ruining whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach—and that for the sake of dishonest gain.


Paul is writing to Titus to encourage him as he leads the church. He teaches against rebellious people.

This passage caught my spirit as I was going over the words, circumcision group. This group means people who stick to the Jewish lifestyle and refuse to believe one can be part of God's family without this requirement. Again, it speaks of legalistic practices when talking about a relationship with God. It is not about following rules and laws, but about the love of the Father, and all else will follow.

Father God, I pray against legalism. I ask that you bind up the spirit of legalistic activity, the teachings of it, the attitude of it, and you cast it away. I ask that you may give me a spirit to yearn for Your holiness, for your Love, for your truth in all that there is. I need You, Lord. I thank you for your grace and your mercy, because without it, I would not be saved. I thank you for your loving kindness. I ask for my relationship with you get better. I thank you. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: