Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lord, Give Me Strength To Continue

2 Tim 4:16-18
16At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. 17But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion's mouth. 18The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.


Paul is writing about his trust in God to encourage Timothy. God has stood at his side through everything to give him strength. This allowed Paul to preach the gospel to all to hear.

Paul speaks of being alone, where everyone deserted him. In the same way, I feel the same where, where there is no one around, but God is with me. The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack, and allow me to proclaim His name.

Father God, I ask that you keep me in your presence. I ask that I may remember that You are with me. Thank you for being at my side, standing with me through the tough times. I pray for your strength to continue on. It is tough, but I know you will guide me through this. I ask for your blessing and that I may be used according to Your will. I pray this to glorify You in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: