Friday, July 03, 2009

Casting An Argumentative Spirit Away

Titus 3:9
9But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless.


Paul teaches about avoiding arguments, about bout foolish controversies, and quarrels. The Holy Spirit does not give a spirit of arguing, but it is from the enemy.

So many times, things that are foolish in Christ are the way people worship, or how holy one is. God speaks not to fight over these meaningless things, but to know the core truth of Christ Jesus and what He did. As Christians, we must not have a argumentative heart, but one that speaks truth in God's love.

Father God, you are so awesome. You are so great. Your love is like a million roses, freshness covering the scent of the Earth. Your greatness is deeper than the ocean. Speak to my spirit, and lead me in Your wisdom. I pray for Your heart. I pray against a spirit of arguments, but to have Your wisdom and avoid meaningless things. Lord, show me what is important in mind and speech. I pray that I may glorify you in all these things in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: