Monday, July 13, 2009

Not Turning Left Nor Right, But Straight Ahead To The Lord

Hosea 5: 13-15
13 "When Ephraim saw his sickness,
and Judah his sores,
then Ephraim turned to Assyria,
and sent to the great king for help.
But he is not able to cure you,
not able to heal your sores.

14 For I will be like a lion to Ephraim,
like a great lion to Judah.
I will tear them to pieces and go away;
I will carry them off, with no one to rescue them.

15 Then I will go back to my place
until they admit their guilt.
And they will seek my face;
in their misery they will earnestly seek me."


The people of Israel have turned, not to God, but to other kingdoms that they feel could save them. As it turns out, man is imperfect and no one can save except for the Lord.

In my struggles, I often times turn to my left or my right, but I should be turning to my Father in heaven. It is so easy to not put God first, but I must strive to change my direction to point to Him.

Father, I thank you for your saving grace. I pray that I may direct my path towards You. I need to focus on you. I pray against the enemy, leading me astray, and I ask that I seek You in all that I do. I pray this that You may be glorified in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: