Tuesday, July 14, 2009

God Desires A Change Of The Heart Instead Of Actions Without Change

Hosea 6:3-6
3 Let us acknowledge the LORD;
let us press on to acknowledge him.
As surely as the sun rises,
he will appear;
he will come to us like the winter rains,
like the spring rains that water the earth."

4 "What can I do with you, Ephraim?
What can I do with you, Judah?
Your love is like the morning mist,
like the early dew that disappears.

5 Therefore I cut you in pieces with my prophets,
I killed you with the words of my mouth;
my judgments flashed like lightning upon you.

6 For I desire mercy, not sacrifice,
and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.


Hosea speaks as a prophet about the heart of the people. The people turn back to God by offering burnt sacrifices, but God does not care about the sacrifice that we present to Him as much as our intent and the heart of sacrifice.

It is so easy to just do things without a true heart. Many times we listen to people and we say things that I are just listening for listening sake, or saying things not meaning what we say. As the same, I may repent and go through the motions of serving the Lord, but my heart may not be in my actions. I need to truthfully, with all my heart, serve the Lord, not just saying it and going through the motions.

Father Lord, I pray for my heart to truthfully and faithfully serve You. I ask that You forgive me for my lack of intent and for just saying and doing things halfheartedly. I ask that Your Holy Spirit may give me strength, not letting me be swayed by the enemy, but to keep my focus on You. I thank you Lord. I love you in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: