Sunday, July 12, 2009

Although I know, I Need To Live According To His Words

Hosea 4:6-7
"Because you have rejected knowledge,
I also reject you as my priests;
because you have ignored the law of your God,
I also will ignore your children.

7 The more the priests increased,
the more they sinned against me;
they exchanged their Glory for something disgraceful.


The knowledge that Hosea speaks about here are that people know God and His laws, but do not take them to heart and do not follow them. It is like people know what to do, but don't do what they say they will do. That is why God says that the more priests there are, the more they sin against Him. They know more of what to do, yet they choose not to obey the word of God.

God's heart pains every time I disobey Him. I know His words, and I understand them fairly well, so when I choose intently to disobey God, I am rejecting Him. There are times when I fall and sin, but I need to keep my focus on Him, not to disobey, but to keep to His words.

Father God, I pray for your forgiveness each time I sin against you. I know how much you love me, yet it pains you to have me reject you. I am sorry. I thank you for your unconditional love for me, that you have saved me by grace through Jesus. I pray for your strength to not disobey you, but to keep your words and act it out in my life. I pray that I may glorify you in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: