Thursday, July 09, 2009

Focusing On God When Not Focusing On Ourselves

Hosea 3:4-5
4 For the Israelites will live many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred stones, without ephod or idol. 5 Afterward the Israelites will return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They will come trembling to the LORD and to his blessings in the last days.


When people are taken away from what they want, they will be focused and lose their desire to be fulfilled by the things of this world, and turn and focus on God.

There are many times that I want things for myself. These times usually hinder my walk with God because I want things that disregard God as priority in my life. I pray against my flesh that these times will allow me to focus not on myself, but on my Lord.

Father God, I pray against my own flesh. I pray that the desires of fulfilling these earthly things go away, so that I may focus on You. I thank you for such a huge love you have for me. I give you praise and honor in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: