Tuesday, July 07, 2009

God's Unfailing Love

Hosea 2:12-15
12 I will ruin her vines and her fig trees,
which she said were her pay from her lovers;
I will make them a thicket,
and wild animals will devour them.

13 I will punish her for the days
she burned incense to the Baals;
she decked herself with rings and jewelry,
and went after her lovers,
but me she forgot,"
declares the LORD.

14 "Therefore I am now going to allure her;
I will lead her into the desert
and speak tenderly to her.

15 There I will give her back her vineyards,
and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope.
There she will sing [b] as in the days of her youth,
as in the day she came up out of Egypt.


Hosea's words is a reflection of the love that God shares with His children. He is one who wants us to come to us. Although we continue to turn away from Him, He still loves us so much. There are times where he directs us, only to turn back to Him. He cares for us and loves His children so uncomprehendingly.

This passage shows the love that God has for me. I think back of all the times that I turn away from Him, that disgraces Him, that rejects Him, and yet, I know that He is so loving that He wants to take me back. God is so awesome.

Father, You are so great and loving. I am sorry for the things that I have done in spite of You. I want to repent for the way that I have acted. I know that my life is so imperfect, yet you still choose to love me. I thank you for Christ Jesus, that I may be redeemed through His sacrifice. I pray that Your love for me change me and transform me to reflect Your holiness. I pray this in Your mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: