Friday, July 24, 2009

Never Satisfied With Things That Don't Last, Focus On God

Hosea 12:1
1 Ephraim feeds on the wind;
he pursues the east wind all day
and multiplies lies and violence.
He makes a treaty with Assyria
and sends olive oil to Egypt.


Ephraim are those people that did not follow the Lord. They pursue east winds all day, never reaching their goal, never satisfied with what they have presently. They always want more.

It is useless to want more and more. Sometimes, greed can overcome a person's spirit. This passage reminds me to not let greed of earthly possession, never ever lasting, to be a focal of my life in Christ. Instead, to put my focal on my Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus.

Father God, I thank you for your Son who has given His life for my sins, so that I may be redeemed by Your grace. I thank you for the gift of Salvation, and that I may live a life with a relationship with my Father in heaven. I pray for this word that you have given to me. I pray that I may not be so possessed by earthly things, things that will not last me, but to focus on the Kingdom that is to come. I pray that You may guide me in this, that I may not stumble and fall. I thank you so much Lord. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: