Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Great Love Of The Father

Hosea 11:9
9 I will not carry out my fierce anger,
nor will I turn and devastate Ephraim.
For I am God, and not man—
the Holy One among you.
I will not come in wrath.


God here shows the love of His people, the kindness that follows as His heart loves men. Man is imperfect, yet God is perfect, perfect in all that He does, perfect in His love for us.

This passage reminds me of the Love of my Father in Heaven. He is so awesome. He really does not want to punish us, yet he does so sometimes, and other times he shows us mercy. In the end, His love for us is so great, that I can not understand the fullness of it.

Father God, I thank you for your love for me. I know you love your children so much. Show me the love that you have, and allow me to just have a bit of that in my life. I ask that I may show the Love of my Father in heaven to those around me. I pray for your heart for your people. I ask that you be known. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: