Sunday, July 19, 2009

Being Called A Fool, Being Called A Child Of God

Hosea 9:7
7 The days of punishment are coming,
the days of reckoning are at hand.
Let Israel know this.
Because your sins are so many
and your hostility so great,
the prophet is considered a fool,
the inspired man a maniac.


The passage speaks of the prophet, God's people to speak His words. Prophets, especially this prophet, was called a fool and a maniac. That is because of his unfailing faith towards God's words.

Christians have been called fools and weirdos, and maniacs before, but as His words say, we are different because God has called us not to be of this world, but to be in it, meaning we may not entirely fit in, especially when we follow God's direction. It is better to be called weird, than to miss the direction that God has given me.

Father God, I pray that you lead me in all that I do. I ask that your Holy Spirit guide me in my actions. Even if looked at by man as crazy, I know that Your wisdom is beyond man. I pray that I may be bold in You, that I may trust in You, and that You may be glorified, in Jesus Holy and Mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: