Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Seeking God's Face Instead Of Relying On Own Strength

2 Sam 21:1
1 During the reign of David, there was a famine for three successive years; so David sought the face of the LORD. The LORD said, "It is on account of Saul and his blood-stained house; it is because he put the Gibeonites to death."


David was in a tough time for his country. There was a famine, which is beyond his power to solve. He went and sought the face of God.

So many times when we are in trouble, we rely on our own selves, and we try to fix things our own ways. David went to seek God, and seek His face. I need to do that as well.

Lord God, you have revealed your words to me through this passage. It is true that I rely on my own strength so much, and that You are letting me know to trust more in You. I ask for your guidance and for your strength. I need to discipline myself to seek you in these times, instead of relying on my own strength. Thank you Lord for being there. I pray in in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: