Thursday, May 14, 2009

Following God And Having Others Doing God's Work

1 Chron 22:14-16
14 "I have taken great pains to provide for the temple of the LORD a hundred thousand talents [b] of gold, a million talents of silver, quantities of bronze and iron too great to be weighed, and wood and stone. And you may add to them. 15 You have many workmen: stonecutters, masons and carpenters, as well as men skilled in every kind of work 16 in gold and silver, bronze and iron—craftsmen beyond number. Now begin the work, and the LORD be with you."


David is speaking to his son Solomon and telling him that the Lord is not going to have David build the Lord's temple, but to have Solomon build it. Although David went through so much to prepare to build the temple, God showed him His will and David stopped and allowed his son to continue to finish the work.

I feel like being in this situation, where I would put so much work into building God's "temple" and then to leave it to another. If God has called me to leave the work of His ministry, then I know that His will be done.

Father God, I pray for the work of what You are doing here in the ministry. I pray for a blessing over it. I know that I may not continue your works here, but I pray that you finish the work that is to glorify You. I ask for your direction in my life, and I pray for a rising of Your people to do great things. I give you glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: