Friday, May 15, 2009

Living A Life Pleasing To God

1 Thess 4:7-8
7For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 8Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.


The author of Thessalonians is telling us to live a life that is pleasing to the Lord. This includes living a pure life, a life that is holy. As the author mentions, it is according to God, not what men say.

This is another reminder to me to live life pleasing to Him. It is tough at times since we always think about ourselves and our own wants and needs, but we need to consider what God wants for us in our lives.

Father God, I pray over my life to be a pleasing sacrifice for You. I ask that I may consider not my own needs and wants, but to ask what your will is in my life. I pray that I may listen and decide according your Your Holy Spirit. I want to glorify you in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: