Monday, April 27, 2009

Wisdom And Maturity In Our Christian Life

Matt 14:6-11
6On Herod's birthday the daughter of Herodias danced for them and pleased Herod so much 7that he promised with an oath to give her whatever she asked. 8Prompted by her mother, she said, "Give me here on a platter the head of John the Baptist." 9The king was distressed, but because of his oaths and his dinner guests, he ordered that her request be granted 10and had John beheaded in the prison. 11His head was brought in on a platter and given to the girl, who carried it to her mother.


Here, Herod was being wooed by this daughter and gave her a promise to give her anything she wanted. She then asked for something that he did not want to do, to kill John the Baptist.

There are many times we get ourselves in sticky situations. We speak before we think things through. We act before we inquire of the Lord. We need to be smart about our lives, and live a mature Christian life that is pleasing to the Lord.

Father God, I pray for your greatness on me. I ask for wisdom and maturity in my life, that I may live it according to your words. I ask for forgiveness, for disobeying you and for not including you in my life as I should. I pray that I may be smart in my Christian walk, and that Your Holy Spirit guide me in all that I do. I thank you and give you all the praise in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: