Sunday, April 26, 2009

To Understand What I hear, To Receive God's Words

Matt 13:13-15
13This is why I speak to them in parables:
"Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand. 14In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:
" 'You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
15For this people's heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.'


God speaks in great parables, and Jesus uses these parables to explain certain teachings that he wants to convey to those who are really listening.

We have to open our hearts and our spirits to receive what God's words says. Just like what Jesus said, that some people were not understanding and perceiving, thought they where hearing and seeing. God wants us to receive it into our lives.

Father God, I pray that I may receive your words and turn it into action in my life. I pray that I may do what your words want for me. I ask this so that I may live my life in according to your word. I thank you for your goodness. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: