Monday, April 20, 2009

When You Lose Trust In Others, Trust In God

Psalm 31:11-16
11 Because of all my enemies,
I am the utter contempt of my neighbors;
I am a dread to my friends—
those who see me on the street flee from me.

12 I am forgotten by them as though I were dead;
I have become like broken pottery.

13 For I hear the slander of many;
there is terror on every side;
they conspire against me
and plot to take my life.

14 But I trust in you, O LORD;
I say, "You are my God."

15 My times are in your hands;
deliver me from my enemies
and from those who pursue me.

16 Let your face shine on your servant;
save me in your unfailing love.


David is running for his life. He is crying out to God to save him. He doesn't know who to trust, even his friends may be his enemy. He can only trust in God to be there for him.

There are many times when people don't know who they can trust. I sometimes feel like that. Especially when people do not do what they are suppose to do, when people do things against you, your friends may be talking behind your back. David went to the extreme where his friends may give him up to be killed, but we still can relate to what he went through. We need God in these situations. He is our protector and our Savior. We need to trust in Him.

Father God, I can only imagine having a best friend give you up to be killed like David did. Yet, he still trusted in You. I pray that I may have that kind of faith. I pray that those dire situations, that I may trust in You, and have Your strength. I ask this because I am weak and You are made strong in me. I thank you, and pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: