Friday, April 17, 2009

Walking Right So No One Has A Thing Against You

1 Sam 19:4-5
4 Jonathan spoke well of David to Saul his father and said to him, "Let not the king do wrong to his servant David; he has not wronged you, and what he has done has benefited you greatly. 5 He took his life in his hands when he killed the Philistine. The LORD won a great victory for all Israel, and you saw it and were glad. Why then would you do wrong to an innocent man like David by killing him for no reason?"


Jonathan was speaking to his father Saul, and was speaking good things about David. He showed that David didn't do anything wrong, trying to persuade Saul not to kill David.

David is a man after God's heart. We can learn by his character what we should make ourselves like. Here, he didn't do anything wrong to cause Saul to kill him. With the same thing, I should not do anything to cause others to "kill" me, or have something bad against me. I should not do anything so that others have something against me.

Father God, I pray that you watch over me. Allow me to do good and to not cause others to have anything against me. I pray that I may walk right in Your ways. I ask that you guide me and protect me. Give me your wisdom and your discipline. Thank you Lord. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: