Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Jesus Showed Love Over The Law

Matt 8:2-3
2A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean."

3Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" Immediately he was cured of his leprosy.


A person with leprosy, who is outcast from the town, came up to Jesus and Jesus touched him, though it is against the law to touch anything unclean, such as a person with leprosy.

Two things was revealed to me. One, though the person with leprosy was outcast, he still went up to Jesus. Second, Jesus touched the man, though he was "unclean". Jesus was not legalistic. He showed love to others even though the law prohibited touching the person. There are times where love comes second, but God showed love to us in everything that He did.

Father God, I thank you for your love for me and everyone else who has fallen short of your glory. I pray that I may not be like the legalistic people of do and don't, but I want to be able to love like how You loved. I pray for your compassion for others, that I may be moved by your Spirit to love on others. I ask this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: