Saturday, April 11, 2009

What The Power Of The Cross Really Means

1 Cor 1:18
18For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Paul writes to the people of Corinth that the Cross and the power that it identifies is nothing that can be intellectually grasped. It is a foolishness to think logically what it means, and how it works, because those who don't know what it means will not understand it. It is by the power of the cross that I am who I am. I can understand what it means to be saved by the blood of Christ Jesus. Those who do not believe in it will only think of it in foolishness. For those who are saved, it means everything.

Because I know what the cross means, I need to share this message to those who do not. Many of them will think it is foolish, but by God's wisdom, some may be saved and know what it truly means to have Jesus as Savior of our lives.

Father, I thank you for the Cross. I thank you for what you have done for me. I pray that you may be glorified in this. I pray that your message of the cross may penetrate the hearts of those who do not know you. I pray for the lost. I pray for the needy. I ask that you give them to your people, that we may share your message to the ends of the earth. I thank you and I pray that your words do great things.
Amen.

No comments: