Monday, April 13, 2009

Stop And Ask The Lord

1 Sam 14:36-37
36 Saul said, "Let us go down after the Philistines by night and plunder them till dawn, and let us not leave one of them alive."
"Do whatever seems best to you," they replied.
But the priest said, "Let us inquire of God here."

37 So Saul asked God, "Shall I go down after the Philistines? Will you give them into Israel's hand?" But God did not answer him that day.


Saul is trying to take over the land. He asks the army to go, but the priest stop him, and suggest to ask God.

Many times, we are so caught up with what we are doing, that we forget to include God in our lives. We are focused, not on God, but on our own goals. We need to stop and ask the Lord for what His will is, so that things may go accordingly.

Father, I pray for your will in my life. I know that I get caught up with my own life that I forget to include you in my decisions, but Lord, I pray that I may remember you. I ask you for direction in my life. I pray that I may be able to stop and include You in my decisions. I want You to lead me. I want You to take me to your path. I ask this in prayer to you, in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: