Friday, April 10, 2009

Even The Least Can Be Used In Great Things

1 Sam 9:5-8
5 When they reached the district of Zuph, Saul said to the servant who was with him, "Come, let's go back, or my father will stop thinking about the donkeys and start worrying about us."

6 But the servant replied, "Look, in this town there is a man of God; he is highly respected, and everything he says comes true. Let's go there now. Perhaps he will tell us what way to take."

7 Saul said to his servant, "If we go, what can we give the man? The food in our sacks is gone. We have no gift to take to the man of God. What do we have?"

8 The servant answered him again. "Look," he said, "I have a quarter of a shekel of silver. I will give it to the man of God so that he will tell us what way to take."


When I look at this passage, I see the view of the servant, and how he is being used to direct Saul in the way that God is leading. This shows that even the least of those can be used by God.

I am only one person, and I am so little compared to what God is, but He is able to use me in small ways, through great things, to do great miracles in this generation.

Father God, I pray that I may be used for you. I pray that you may take me and use me to do small or great things, whatever you want. I pray that you may allow me to focus and obey your words for me. Lord, I want to give you praise in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: