Wednesday, April 15, 2009

God Enables You To Do Greater Things

1 Sam 17:8-11
8 Goliath stood and shouted to the ranks of Israel, "Why do you come out and line up for battle? Am I not a Philistine, and are you not the servants of Saul? Choose a man and have him come down to me. 9 If he is able to fight and kill me, we will become your subjects; but if I overcome him and kill him, you will become our subjects and serve us." 10 Then the Philistine said, "This day I defy the ranks of Israel! Give me a man and let us fight each other." 11 On hearing the Philistine's words, Saul and all the Israelites were dismayed and terrified.


The Philistines came out and defied the Israelites. Goliath was the person who came and terrified the soldiers of Israel.

There are so many things in life that terrify me. Many things are fears that stop me from doing things, just like here in this passage. What i get out of this passage is that God wants us to look beyond our fears. Our fear hinder us, but God enables us.

Father, I pray that you may enable me to do great things in Christ who strengthens me. I know that I am human, and I will have many things that stop me from serving you, but I pray that You may enable me to overcome those things, that I may glorify you. I pray all this to give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: