Sunday, March 08, 2009

A Reminder That God Is The One Who Has Given Much

Deuteronomy 8:17-18
17 You may say to yourself, "My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me." 18 But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today.


God is reminding the people of Israel not to forget what God has done in their lives. He was their provider, He was their shepherd, He was their leader, and to continue to remind them that they did not get through all those years without Him.

God is also reminding me, not to be proud or boastful, but to live with humility, because it is He who has provided and blessed me. I am not who I am without Him.

Father God, I thank you for this word, that you may remind me to trust in You. I know that you have blessed me so much. I pray that I give thanks to You. I give you all that I have. You are the supplier of my needs, the one who gave me much. I thank you. I thank you more so for your gift of Salvation. I thank you for giving me life and lie everlasting. I want to thank you so much. I pray all this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: