Saturday, March 07, 2009

Jesus Changing The World Through His Body And His Blood

Mark 14:22-24
22While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take it; this is my body."

23Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, and they all drank from it.

24"This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many," he said to them.


Jesus celebrates the passover with his disciples. He takes bread and wine, which represents the deliverance of the Jews from Egypt, and he does something that changes the world. Jesus now uses the bread and the cup to represent the deliverance of sin.

Jesus turns things upside down in the world. Instead of showing the deliverance from Egypt, he shows how his sacrifice represents release from slavery to sin. If I was a Jew, I would be astounded by what Jesus is doing.

Father, Lord of my life, I thank you for this passage, to remind me of who You are. I pray that my life represents the life that you have sacrificed yourself on the cross for. I pray for a life according to your words. I can only do this by your grace and mercy, for your have delivered me from my sins, and have paid the price of death for me. I thank you Lord. I give thanks to you.
Amen.

No comments: