Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Having The Passion And Faith To Meet Jesus

Mark 10:46-48
46Then they came to Jericho. As Jesus and his disciples, together with a large crowd, were leaving the city, a blind man, Bartimaeus (that is, the Son of Timaeus), was sitting by the roadside begging. 47When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"

48Many rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!"


This blind man has so much passion and faith in him, that he didn't just want to see Jesus, he felt that he needed to see him. Even when people get in his way, he was persistent and kept pursuing Jesus.

I can learn from this blind man. His faith and his passion to meet Jesus reflects how our hearts and our lives need to be. I need to seek God like this.

Father, Lord of my life. I want to thank you. I want to give you glory and honor and praise. You are incredible. You do great miracles. I want to thank you. I pray that my heart be like this blind man, seeking you in all things. I want to meet you face to face. I pray that I may know you more and more each day. Reveal yourself to me. Thank you so much for what you have done in my life. I thank you for bringing a successful surgery for Jen. I thank you for my family. I pray that more of you in my life. I want to pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: