Friday, March 13, 2009

Living A Righteous And Selfless Life According To The Lord

Deuteronomy 24:10-15
10 When you make a loan of any kind to your neighbor, do not go into his house to get what he is offering as a pledge. 11 Stay outside and let the man to whom you are making the loan bring the pledge out to you. 12 If the man is poor, do not go to sleep with his pledge in your possession. 13 Return his cloak to him by sunset so that he may sleep in it. Then he will thank you, and it will be regarded as a righteous act in the sight of the LORD your God.

14 Do not take advantage of a hired man who is poor and needy, whether he is a brother Israelite or an alien living in one of your towns. 15 Pay him his wages each day before sunset, because he is poor and is counting on it. Otherwise he may cry to the LORD against you, and you will be guilty of sin.


The Lord is speaking to His people about laws that He wants them to obey. These two speak about the heart of a person, and the selflessness that God seeks in our lives.

We are not to be greedy, but to give and to love and to be a righteous person in the eyes of the Lord. It's tough to do this, but through the Lord's strength, we can be Christ-like.

Father, Lord of my life, I pray for my character that you have instilled in my life. I know that you want my heart to be right with yours. I pray that I may live a life that is not selfish, but to give and to love as You have loved and gave. I thank you for a God who gave His Son for my sins. I thank you for all that you have done in my life. I want to honor your name. I pray all this in Jesus Mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: