Saturday, March 14, 2009

Christ Has Set Us Free, Standing Firm In Him

Galatians 5:1
1It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.


God wants us to be free from our sins, free from slavery. He urges us to stand firm in His ways and live free.

This is such an encouraging verse when trying to live a life pleasing and holy for God. Every time I fall short of God's will for me, I am astonished by how gracious and merciful He is. In His words, I can have strength to live for Him.

Father God, Lord of the heavens and the earth. I thank you for your grace and mercy. I thank you for all that you have done in my life and I pray that I gain strength to live for you. I thank you for this word that is given to me. Lord, let it be instilled in my life that I can keep living for You. Thank you. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: