Sunday, March 15, 2009

Getting Rid Of The Root Of Sin And Follow God

Deuteronomy 29:18
18 Make sure there is no man or woman, clan or tribe among you today whose heart turns away from the LORD our God to go and worship the gods of those nations; make sure there is no root among you that produces such bitter poison.


Moses is speaking to the Israelite people to follow the Lord their God. Do not follow other false idols, but to keep away and follow God.

Moses points out a critical rhema for me. He shows that there is a cause, or a root, to such sins, and that we are to make sure there is no root among it. Meaning, to find the core reason and to cut it out and to take it away. In doing so, we may be able to follow God wholeheartedly.

Father God, I pray for your anointing. I pray that you may move among my life and my spirit to be living for you. I pray that I may search deep into my life and I pray against the root of the sins that are hidden in me. Lord, let your light shine from the inside out. Instill in my life your words and your Holy Spirit. I thank you for all this. I pray that I die to myself and follow you each day. I give you honor and praise in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: