Monday, March 16, 2009

God Has Warned Us To Keep From Sin, It Is Our Choice

Deuteronomy 31:15-18
15 Then the LORD appeared at the Tent in a pillar of cloud, and the cloud stood over the entrance to the Tent. 16 And the LORD said to Moses: "You are going to rest with your fathers, and these people will soon prostitute themselves to the foreign gods of the land they are entering. They will forsake me and break the covenant I made with them. 17 On that day I will become angry with them and forsake them; I will hide my face from them, and they will be destroyed. Many disasters and difficulties will come upon them, and on that day they will ask, 'Have not these disasters come upon us because our God is not with us?' 18 And I will certainly hide my face on that day because of all their wickedness in turning to other gods.


God is telling Moses that the people of Israel will turn from God and will be placed in many disasters. When they cry out to God, He will hide His face because they have turned to other gods.

God is warning the people to stay away from sin and to follow Him. He shows them that He will not be there for them if they turn their backs on Him. It is the choice of Israel to follow God or not to. It has always been human choice.

Father, Lord of the heavens and the earth, I pray for your words that it may speak life into me. I know that you love me so much. Lord, you said that you will be there for me. I pray that you be there for me in all that I go through. Lord, forgive me for turning my back on you, and I pray for you to reveal yourself to me. I know that it is my choice, and I choose You. Lord, lead me and guide me. Give me direction and vision to live for you. Let my choice always be You.
Amen.

No comments: