Monday, March 23, 2009

Living Beyond Reproach

1 Cor 8:9-13
9Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak. 10For if anyone with a weak conscience sees you who have this knowledge eating in an idol's temple, won't he be emboldened to eat what has been sacrificed to idols? 11So this weak brother, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge. 12When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall.

Paul speaks to this church about the actions that they do and how it effects others. He says that, if your actions, though is not a stumbling block to yourself in sin, that it may be to others as they see you.

I am not my own. I was bought by Jesus by His blood. I am also a influence to others, that they may see me and grow or stumble. I need to be aware of my actions and be beyond approach, that those that see me may not stumble, but be lifted up.

Father God, I pray for your words that you have spoken to me. Let me be beyond reproach and living a standard that is for You. I give you all that I do as a sacrifice to honor you. Let me lift up others instead of being a stumbling block to them. I pray that I can do this by your strength. I praise you in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: