Saturday, February 07, 2009

The Strength Of God To Get Back Up And Keep Going

Acts 14:19-20
19Then some Jews came from Antioch and Iconium and won the crowd over. They stoned Paul and dragged him outside the city, thinking he was dead. 20But after the disciples had gathered around him, he got up and went back into the city. The next day he and Barnabas left for Derbe.


Even after being stoned, Paul was able to get back up. More impressing is that he went back into the city. The drive that he had to preach tothe people was so strong, that even being stoned to death was not able to keep him down.

Through the power of The Holy Spirit and the strength of Christ, we are able to get back up when we fall down. We fail God many times, we come against trouble many times, but with God, He gives us strength to keep going. He is so good.

Father, I pray for your strength. Be with me through this tough time. I may not be stoned to death like Paul, but I know that you will lift me up. I thank you, and continue to cover me with your blessing. Thank you for the cross. I pray this on Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: