Thursday, February 05, 2009

Keeping From Willful Sins, May It Not Rule Over Me

Psalms 19:13
13 Keep your servant also from willful sins;
may they not rule over me.
Then will I be blameless,
innocent of great transgression.


Willful sins are sinful acts or sinful nature that are intentionally disobedient to the will of God. These may be addictions, falling into temptation, habits, or any sin that is pleasing to us, rather than pleasing to God.

This is the second time that I am going over this, and I can't believe I didn't see it before. This verse has so much depth and meaning. To be blameless before God. To not giving in to sin. That is what this passage speaks of.

Father God. Let this be my prayer. That I, your servant, keep from willful sins. I pray that it not rule over my life, but to have You rule over all that I am. I want to be blameless before you. I want to be innocent of transgression. I want to come worshiping before you, knowing that I have not disobeyed you. I pray that you protect me for these willful sins. Give me strength and Your Spirit to overcome. I thank you, Lord. I pray this in the mighty name of Jesus.
Amen.

No comments: