Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Going Beyond Our Own "Jews"

Acts 11:19-21
19Now those who had been scattered by the persecution in connection with Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus and Antioch, telling the message only to Jews. 20Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus. 21The Lord's hand was with them, and a great number of people believed and turned to the Lord.


Here is an example of followers of Christ sharing to Jews, which is fine, but then some others also shared with non-Jews, and in this case, Greeks. They went out of their comfort zone, and the Lord's hand was with them.

I believe I am able to do the same thing. I can get out of my comfort zone. I believe I can share to more than just my "Jews", through Christ Jesus who strengthens me.

Father God, I pray that you be my strength and that the Holy Spirit give me boldness to be used. Allow me to be a witness to all, to everyone, not just those that I am familiar with, not just my "Jews". I pray for your Holy Spirit to bless the work that you have called me to do. Let it glorify You. In Jesus Holy and Mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: