Sunday, February 08, 2009

Getting Past Disagreements, Continueing The Father's Works

Acts 15:36-40
36Some time later Paul said to Barnabas, "Let us go back and visit the brothers in all the towns where we preached the word of the Lord and see how they are doing." 37Barnabas wanted to take John, also called Mark, with them, 38but Paul did not think it wise to take him, because he had deserted them in Pamphylia and had not continued with them in the work. 39They had such a sharp disagreement that they parted company. Barnabas took Mark and sailed for Cyprus, 40but Paul chose Silas and left, commended by the brothers to the grace of the Lord. 41He went through Syria and Cilicia, strengthening the churches.


Here, Paul and Barnabas had a disagreement where they went their separate ways. Though they were both still following the Lord, they were able to keep doing God's works.

Sometimes, there may be disagreements, but in the end, we must continue to do the will of the Father. We should not let disagreements, arguments, hostility, anger, and sin get in the way of such greatness God has in store.

Father God, You are so awesome. Lord, I pray that the sins of men will not get in Your way. Lord, let your plans for your people go forth. I pray against arguments and disagreements, but for unity of Your will. Lord, let it be so. I also pray for the forgiveness of my sins. Let me be made pure and holy by your blood, so that I may be free from sin, and able to serve You will all that I am. Lord, I give you thanks, and praise, in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: