Tuesday, February 10, 2009

In A World Of Many, Speaking The Truth Of The One True God

Acts 17:19-23
19Then they took him and brought him to a meeting of the Areopagus, where they said to him, "May we know what this new teaching is that you are presenting? 20You are bringing some strange ideas to our ears, and we want to know what they mean." 21(All the Athenians and the foreigners who lived there spent their time doing nothing but talking about and listening to the latest ideas.)

22Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: "Men of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. 23For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. Now what you worship as something unknown I am going to proclaim to you.


Paul is speaking to religious people. These are not people like he had met, believing in only One God, but these are people that have views unlike the Jews, believing in many gods. Still, Paul preaches the news of God and of Christ to them, giving them the truth.

I am to give the truth. There will always be people with different views. Some may think one way, some another, but my purpose is to speak the truth, God's truth, so that the Holy Spirit will be able to move.

Father, Lord of the heavens and the earth, I give you all the glory. I pray for your anointing upon your words. I pray for your direction on where you want to lead me. Allow me to share your Truth to others. Let me share the Love that you have shown. I pray that your words speak into the life of those around me, that they may come to build a relationship with You. I pray for all these thins, and giving you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: