Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Living A Life Pleasing To God, Not Men

Acts 25:6-10
6After spending eight or ten days with them, he went down to Caesarea, and the next day he convened the court and ordered that Paul be brought before him. 7When Paul appeared, the Jews who had come down from Jerusalem stood around him, bringing many serious charges against him, which they could not prove.

8Then Paul made his defense: "I have done nothing wrong against the law of the Jews or against the temple or against Caesar."

9Festus, wishing to do the Jews a favor, said to Paul, "Are you willing to go up to Jerusalem and stand trial before me there on these charges?"

10Paul answered: "I am now standing before Caesar's court, where I ought to be tried. I have not done any wrong to the Jews, as you yourself know very well.


Festus was a man in power, who wanted to be on the good side of the people. That is why he wanted to do a favor for the Jews. He was giving into the will of men.

We are not to give sway to what man wants, but to do the will of God. So many times men want so many things, but it is only to God who we should be living our lives for. We do not need to give favor to men, because God's blessing is enough.

Father God, I thank you for your love for me. I do not deserve it, but it is by your grace and mercy that I have Salvation. I pray that I may not sway into the desires of men, but to stay focused and to live a life that is according to Your will. I pray that I be strong in You. Giving you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: