Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Each Has A Role, Each Is Valuable, Even The Little Things

Num 1:47-53
47 The families of the tribe of Levi, however, were not counted along with the others. 48 The LORD had said to Moses: 49 "You must not count the tribe of Levi or include them in the census of the other Israelites. 50 Instead, appoint the Levites to be in charge of the tabernacle of the Testimony—over all its furnishings and everything belonging to it. They are to carry the tabernacle and all its furnishings; they are to take care of it and encamp around it. 51 Whenever the tabernacle is to move, the Levites are to take it down, and whenever the tabernacle is to be set up, the Levites shall do it. Anyone else who goes near it shall be put to death. 52 The Israelites are to set up their tents by divisions, each man in his own camp under his own standard. 53 The Levites, however, are to set up their tents around the tabernacle of the Testimony so that wrath will not fall on the Israelite community. The Levites are to be responsible for the care of the tabernacle of the Testimony."


The Levis were set apart from God for a specific task. They were to take down and to put up the tabernacle of God. Though this may seem like such a small thing, it was essential because it kept the wrath will not fall on the Israelite community.

Though we each have different roles, we are all still valuable. The hand can not say to the feet, "I do not need you" and the eye can not say to the ear, "I do not need you". We each are valuable in the Lord. We each have a role to play.

Father God, I know that you have set me apart so that I may serve You. I pray for your strength and your Holy Spirit to move me and to keep me from evil. Lord, I pray for all the little things that keep your servant going. I pray that your strength may allow even the behind the scene things to make a difference, because I know it is much in Your eyes. Lord, I give you all the glory, in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: