Friday, January 02, 2009

Not To Have Sin Master You, But To Master Sin

Gen 4:7
"If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."


Sometimes I forget that sin can engulf you slowly. It is crouching at the door.

We must master our sins. We must do what is right, or sin may take over. We must even come to a point where we hate sin so much, to deny it. And we can do this through the strength of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Father, you are my Lord and my Savior. That means to follow all that you are. You promised, if I do what is right, you will be pleased, but give me strength to overcome sin. Keep it out of my house, my life. Only through you may I do this. I pray for your Holy Spirit to guide me and keep me on your light. I give to you all these things in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: