Sunday, January 04, 2009

Good Intentions May Not Be The Lords Intentions

Gen 11:3-4
3They began to talk about construction projects. "Come," they said, "let's make great piles of burnt brick and collect natural asphalt to use as mortar. 4Let's build a great city with a tower that reaches to the skies - a monument to our greatness! This will bring us together and keep us from scattering all over the world."


Here the people have good intentions, they want to build something to help them be united, but sometimes good intentions may not be good. The people started to consider what they were making an idol, something that they took pride in making, taking over worshiping the Lord.

I need to watch out for idols in my life. It is so easy to lose sight of God, especially now days when everything is about material possession and accomplishments. I may have good intentions at first, but I need to follow God, and His will.

Father, Lord of my life. I thank you for all the blessings that you have blessed me with. You are good. Keep me focused on you, and do not let me stray from your intentions. I pray that your Holy Spirit continue to guide me. I thank you, Lord, and I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: