Sunday, January 18, 2009

God Reveals Miracles, Even Though We May Be Blind To Them

Gen 45:3-7
3 Joseph said to his brothers, "I am Joseph! Is my father still living?" But his brothers were not able to answer him, because they were terrified at his presence.

4 Then Joseph said to his brothers, "Come close to me." When they had done so, he said, "I am your brother Joseph, the one you sold into Egypt! 5 And now, do not be distressed and do not be angry with yourselves for selling me here, because it was to save lives that God sent me ahead of you. 6 For two years now there has been famine in the land, and for the next five years there will not be plowing and reaping. 7 But God sent me ahead of you to preserve for you a remnant on earth and to save your lives by a great deliverance.


This passage reminds me that God can do miracles. As we go through this book, we see events happening in the point of Joseph, but when you take it from the brothers point of view, they are seeing a miracle, that their long-lost brother, who they thought was dead, is alive and well, and in charge of Egypt. I believe THAT is an incredible miracle.

God does miracles. Sometimes we are so blind to it, that it is not revealed to us. I must open up my eyes to see what God is showing me, and I believe if I do so, he will reveal miracles and wonders to me.

Father God, You are awesome. You are so great. Lord, I know that you do amazing things still, and you will do great things in the time to come. I pray for your eyes, Lord, that you may reveal to me your greatness. Lord, let miracles happen, and instead of passing it by, let me KNOW that it is from You, a God who is present even today. I thank you, Lord, and I give you the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: