Monday, January 19, 2009

Although I Am Being, I Choose To Serve The Lord

Luke 19:1-4
1Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through. 2A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy. 3He wanted to see who Jesus was, but being a short man he could not, because of the crowd. 4So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.


The word that spoke out to me in this passage was "being" in verse 3. This word shows the state that Zacchaeus was in. This was something that he could not help. He can't help it that he was short. But he did something about it. He took the state that he was in, and did something about it.

We are always able to do something. God has given us the ability to choose. If we are given apples, we can choose to do something about it. In the same manner, God has given me a choice, and the choice is to serve Him or not. Although I am being a student in Hawaii, I can choose to do great things through Christ we strengthens me.

Father God, I choose You. I choose the road that you have put before me. Lord, do not let temptation and sin get in my way. Help me keep strong to your ways, and keep faithful to You. I pray that my choices reflect the love that I have for you. I thank you for all this, and I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: