Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Humble Ourselves, Giving Our Honor and Glory To God

Luke 20:45-47
45While all the people were listening, Jesus said to his disciples, 46"Beware of the teachers of the law. They like to walk around in flowing robes and love to be greeted in the marketplaces and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at banquets. 47They devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Such men will be punished most severely."


During those times, many of the teachers of the Law were very open and public and used the people for their own gain. They were prideful and liked the special treatment. Jesus shows us here to humble ourselves, for we are to receive our reward in heaven.

I can admit that I like attention, many people do, but God wants us to humble ourselves, and to seek Him. We are dead to ourselves, and alive in Christ, so that Christ may be gloried. Even when we say that God be glorified, we need to act it out.

Father God, I can pray and pray that you take all the glory, but Lord, let my actions also show this as well. Let me be a humble servant of Yours, and let my life reflect You in all that I do. I thank you, Lord. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: