Friday, January 09, 2009

Even Through A Radical Change, I Will Go

Gen 24:54-58
54 Then he and the men who were with him ate and drank and spent the night there.
When they got up the next morning, he said, "Send me on my way to my master."

55 But her brother and her mother replied, "Let the girl remain with us ten days or so; then you may go."

56 But he said to them, "Do not detain me, now that the LORD has granted success to my journey. Send me on my way so I may go to my master."

57 Then they said, "Let's call the girl and ask her about it." 58 So they called Rebekah and asked her, "Will you go with this man?"
"I will go," she said.


Rebekah life was being changed by the Lord. She was asked to be the wife of someone who she did not know. This is very typical in these days, but this was different because God's divine hand was specifically and specially involved. Rebekah said immediately that she will go.

Just like the life of Rebekah, God is also working in my life. He may be calling me, and I need to say, "I will go." My life will be changed by what God has in store for me, and I need to say, "I will go."

Father God, I will go. Send me to the place that you have in store. Do a miracle in my life and through to the lives of others. I pray that your Holy Spirit guide my life in a way that is pleasing to you. I pray that sin may not have a hold on my life, but that your Spirit protect me in every way. Give me strength to be used by you. I thank you, and I give you praise in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: