Thursday, January 08, 2009

Though I Failed You In The Same Way Time And Again, You Are Good

Gen 20:1-2
1 Now Abraham moved on from there into the region of the Negev and lived between Kadesh and Shur. For a while he stayed in Gerar, 2 and there Abraham said of his wife Sarah, "She is my sister." Then Abimelech king of Gerar sent for Sarah and took her.


Here, even after a transformation and change for Abraham, he has failed at the same place as before in Egypt. He goes and states that Sarah is his sister, showing his lack of trust in God.

Even after being changed by God, we can still fail Him. We are but human, but He is God. Abraham is an example of this, even his change of his name and being closer to God, Abraham still fails at the same thing. But through his journey with God, he learned to trust Him more. Although I failed God more than once in the say way, He is a gracious God. In the same way, I prayerfully hope that I may change and trust in Him.

Father God, I thank you for this passage of hope. Just like Abraham, I have failed you. Same thing, so many times, in the say way. But Lord, I pray that I may call upon your blood, that I may be saved through grace. And that I may come to you in repentance and trust in You. Lord, save me. Guide me. Use me. I give all that I am to you. I pray that you do a miracle in my life. Thank you, Lord. I give you all that you are, the glory and honor. In Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: